Monday, March 15, 2010

If I Were A Millionaire.

Hiya,
If I Were A Millionaire


This is a question that has always fascinated me during my Frequent Trips to the World where Katrina Kaif was my Girlfriend (screw you, Salman!) during particularly dreary classes.


Hm.


If I were a millionaire, the first thing I would do (and I am sure that you are secretly agreeing with me on this)
is to get myself a huge house, a bunch of cars and what-not.


But, on a serious note, the next thing I would do is to strive towards reducing Illiteracy in India.


Illiteracy is a issue that is of particular significance to me because I feel that I would be cleaning the streets of No-Where Land had it not been for the education that has been given to me.


I feel that a person is nothing without knowledge. He/She is as incomplete as Maggi without the Taste-maker (You can eat it, but it ain't gonna taste good). Knowledge is the root of any Homo sapien if he/she does not want to find him/herself at the bottom of the social ladder, lunging for height.
But further than that, Literacy is necessary if a person wants to break that vicious cycle of poverty.


(Illiteracy--->No job--->Poverty--->No money for education--->Illiteracy)


In the near-future of the Internet and super-fast information access anytime, anywhere, I ,personally, can't find India anywhere in the race of world super powers without enough literate, intelligent Indians, unbound by any sort of superstitions which hinder our economic, politic and financial growth enormously today.


Only with the growth of literacy can we expect ourselves to head north-ward in the various fields of our lives.


I know that the government is taking various steps for increasing literacy, but only if we provide world-class, free education to the youth of India, can we expect India to be on top of the world in the fast-approaching future.


Hoping for a well-educated India tomorrow,
SoBan.

2 Reactions:

NeoDharmar said...

Nice post!
If I were a millionaire, I'd be more selfish than you are. Nice post. It's pretty clear and crisp! By pointing to literacy and knowledge, you might have got me confused.. Do you mean the normal knowledge of the text-book or is it the practical knowledge..!

My say is that Practical and Theoretical knowledge need each other fr their coexistence and without either of them, one's going to be dumb! Hoping to comment on another post of yours,

Cheers,
Gopsay

Sourabh said...

Thanks!

By literacy I mean education, both practical and theoretical, which strives to eradicate wrong beliefs and prejudices in our country.

You are right in saying that we need both practical and theoretical knowledge in order to prosper, and thats the point I want readers to take home.

Many Thanks,
Sourabh

Post a Comment