Sunday, May 2, 2010

Quick update, and my review of "Housefull".



 Yes, I'm a movie buff now!


Ah, it's been a while since I posted stuff, I've been so busy.
What? Don't look at me like that, I was!
Well, all right, I was actually too lazy to sit and write a nice full-length post here, I was writing a couple of posts for this other activist site: 
The Rebelexicon.

Check it out, and comment on my awesome writing prowess.


Yeah, so I have been busy with that and a whole lotta other stuff. (Read "Facebook"). Plus, I watched this movie "Housefull", and the first words that came out of my mouth were the words, "Oh.My.God.CHEESY!"


Seriously, these movies should get the "Cheesiest movie of the year" award. Decade, actually. I mean, the director stopped at nothing, stooped to the lowest standards possible, just to get a laugh on our faces. The homo/gay scenes were the corniest and most cheeky ones in the movie, and they were the only ones able to vibrate my stomach for some laughs, however much I resisted.


And talk of objectification of women! Ritesh Deskmukh prancing at home, singing "Lingerie, lingerie!", gave me an idea of the disaster I was about to watch.


Add in some typical run-of-the-mill Mr.Bean gags, "Night At The Museum" slapping monkeys, and some seriously irritating songs jumping down our throats every five minutes or so, and you've got yourself a typical Akshay Kumar comedy. In movies like these, there's absolutely no use trying to grasp the EXTREMELY loose plot.


And the trailer is a rip-off.  It said that there would be three wives in one house at the same time, but there were only two; Jiah Khan had an almost-guest role in the movie.


If you watch this movie and like it, you are either a hare-brained gorilla, or an idiot looking for some broads and a laugh. You'll be satisfied if you're looking for the former. 


Just don't watch this.

0 Reactions:

Post a Comment