Thursday, January 15, 2015

#ChangeTheWorld, yaar

Model United Nation


Oh I see you my friend,
Where are you headed, all fancy and dressed?
"I'm off to the Model United Nations, baba!
Can't you see, from my suit and vest?"

Model United Nations, I see. And which models are being United?
I heard Heidi Klum is back in business, and so is  Adriana Lima.
"Arre, Buddhu, This is MUN, like a copy of the UNO
Pappu, Toni and Golu are going, and so are Geeta and Neema."

Acha, nice, hanging out with friends? Is this a party of some sort?
Who's the host and what's the theme, bolo?
"Fool, this is a serious deal, we have debates and discussions and stuff.
It's important stuff, actually. Do you follow?"

Hmm. I think... So what kind of topics do you debate about?
The best dhaba nearby? Or the cheesiest Shahrukh movie?
"What nonsense, you are testing my nerve! We talk about international policy
And international relations and stuff. Not any Pizza Hut or David Bowie.

Wah! That's impressive yaar. But I'm confused as to one thing, 
What exactly is the mission about? What is your primary purpose?
"Umm... We want to create change in society! We will use interpersonal diatribes
And discursive dialogue and interlocutory communication to make a societal ruckus!"

Bhai, let me tell you this. a simple person like me,
who is from the same society that you mentioned, 
If he is approached with men in suits talking about "interlocutory communication"
Well, just to understand the language will take him ages reaching pension!

I may be a seedha man but i am genuinely concerned for my society too. 
Tell me the truth, would you have given it a notice 
if it hadn't been for the DSLR pictures on Facebook of prizes for delegations?
"Of  course I would have! do you think I do it just because it is COOL? What is this?!"

I don't know man, because I haven't been in your shoes,
But I do know that "creating change in society" is done by DOING, not SPEAKING.
If you really want to create change, get your suit off,
put on shorts and then start your CREATING!

Listen, I'm all for debates and research and all that you say you get from MUN,
It is just the "we are doing social change" part that gets me off ticking.
To be honest, all you do is debate, discuss, collect prizes and go home.
While the streetside vagabond goes towards garbage, sifting and picking. 

So enjoy your 5 mins of fame, and debating and pompous speech!
I understand it takes a lot of hardwork and pain.
Just don't tarnish the names of those who actually "create change"
By using those words in vain. 







1 Reactions:

Unknown said...

Hey there sourabhbanthia information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

Post a Comment