Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh Facebook, how tortuous art thou!

FB...FB....FB.....


ths is d  thin tht thot me hw 2 typ lik dis.....lolz ;)


I'm not going to continue in this seemingly Greek-and-Latin language for fear of lack-of-acumen.This enslaving little bastard of a website has me running to my computer every half-hour to check whether I got any new comments, or any new notifications or if my crops have grown or my energy refilled or my dish cooked.


(Yes,I'm talking 'bout those money-hungry Zynga Facebook apps here, Folks.If you still don't know what I'm talking about, either you are an alien from outer space or a giraffe.But if you ARE actually human and you don't know about all this stuff, God help You.)


Mom, blame this guy for my endless hours on the internet:


(The guy's Mark Zuckerberg,creator of Facebook.Seriously,If you don't know that then you mustn't be alive.)


Facebook is great for keeping in touch with old friends and making new ones, but for guys like me whose school-buddies make up most of his friend-list, its quite weird.
Heres a typical FB chat:


"hi"


"hi"


"watsup"


"ceilings up :\ "


"PJ : |"


"k"


"k"


*five minutes later*


"so watsup?"


"nothin much"


"k"


"k"


"k bye"


"bye"


That was interesting, wasn't it.?




Despite my self-acclaimed genius for observational and vocabulary skills, I've yet to find a reply for this one syllable word used so many times while chatting : "k". The only other befitting word in reply to this is another "k".




Online lives are like a parallel universe.A person can fulfill his aspirations of being Mr.Perfect. I know a guy whose online profile reads:


Male.Birth:15th July, 1986


Height: 6'2''


weight: 135 lbs.


Looks : Very attractive.


IQ: <140


And he had the photo of a winner of a male beauty pageant set as his profile pic.


Impressive,eh?


In reality,he was a flunked student , failed thrice, almost as short as a midget, grossly overweight and on a scale of attractiveness from 1to 10, he was a 0.05. Geezers!


Heres another example of misguidance by a photo:






By further investigation, THIS was revealed:




NEVER TRUST CLOSE-UP PHOTOS!


Sigh.


Well, FB might be a stupid and pointless waste of time, but, hickory-pants, you ain't leavin' it!

2 Reactions:

NeoDharmar said...

Duh, you've really cooked up a beautiful post! Well served as well. Geeves, Facebook has got another person bugged! I'm happy that I have company and sad that another young fella has jumped voluntarily into the same trap! :)

Good post! Keep writing! A blog is a blog only when it is updated.. (Mine is an exception. It's already presumed dead).. :)

Three cheers!
Gopsay!

Sourabh said...

Thanks!:)

My cooking was never good, but this time I got the right recipe!
I suspect many more people have fallen into the same trap, so I thought, why not blog about it.

PS: People, do comment! An "uncommented" blog makes the blogger dull! :)

Post a Comment